Table of contents:
1) Installing Apache Superset.
2) Pre-requisite to setup the druid connection
3) Creating Druid Connection
4) Adding the druid data source as a superset dataset
Installing Apache Superset.
Please follow the official documentation to install Apache superset.
To install the instance using docker-compose, follow this:
To Install SuperSet on macOS , follow the guide here: http://superset.apache.org/installation.html
Once it is installed and started, you can access the superset at <IP_ADDR>:8088.
Above instance is created through docker compose
If it is not accesible , start the instance
1)log into the instance and cd /home/ubuntu/superset/
2)change to root user sudo -su root
3)Run the docker compose command to start the instance
docker-compose -f docker-compose-non-dev.yml up
Prerequisites to Create Druid connection
The main prerequisite to having a druid connection created is to have pydruid installed on the superset instance.
pip install pydruid.
For superset installed on docker, please perform the below steps
1) run echo "pydruid" >> ./docker/requirements-local.txt
2) docker-compose build --force-rm
3) docker-compose up
Creating a Connection:
Once the pydruid is installed, the next step is to create the connection.
1) On superset UI, click on the add ‘Database’
2) Choose ‘Apache Druid’
3) Provide a Unique Display name, SQL Alchemy URI (see notes below), and Security Info.
SQL Alchemy URI:
For Localhost or Imply private or druid opensource etc:
For Imply Hybrid:
Get the details from the Imply Manager UI > API > Security Section
Download the Root Certificate and paste it into the Advanced Tab > Security > Root Certificate.
You can also disable the SSL verification by adding below in the Advanced Tab> Security >Secure Extra section
4) Test the connection.
Adding the Druid data source as a Superset dataset
Once the test connection is successful and created, the next step is to add the dataset.
1) Under Datasets tab > click on add ‘Dataset’
2) Choose the Database (Created in the previous step), Schema as a druid, and Table schema (datasources in druid)
3) Then click on 'Add dataset and create chart'
Explore the Superset official documentation for more information on the charts etc.
Please sign in to leave a comment.